Making the Card
1. Cut medium pink cardstock 5 1/2 x 7 1/4 inches. Fold in half. Cut with Spiral Pull Card main die as directed - watch placement of circle. I wanted mine to have a little more space above so I shifted the die down the fold a bit. Fold as shown in Spiral Pull Card instructions.
2. Cut patterned paper 3 3/8 x 5 1/4 and 1 7/8 x 5 1/4. Adhere larger piece to inside of card as shown. Temporarily tape smaller piece to the front. Trace the circle from the back; use scissors to cut along the line. Adhere to card front as shown. Use circle die (from Spiral Pull Card) to cut a hole in the main circle on card front.
3. Stamp sentiment on white cardstock. Cut it out with circle die. Make a template from white cardstock by cutting another card as in step 1. Use the half-circle part to trace one half of a circle on medium pink cardstock, then trace the other half so that you have a full circle. Use scissors to cut around it. Die cut with circle die in center to create a frame. Do the same with light green cardstock.
4. To create the shaker card windows, use a Sharpie (or other alcohol marker) to trace the main card circle (using the template from step 3) on a piece of recycled plastic. Cut just inside this circle - it should be a bit smaller than the outside of the frames you created. Cut another the same size so you will have two. Glue one to the front of the card over the circle hole (be careful so that the glue does not go into the window part).
5. Cut two Mini Roses from medium pink cardstock and one from light pink. Cut a few extra petals of each color to decorate card plus add to shaker. Cut leaves from dark green cardstock (for the medium pink flowers) and light green (for the light pink flower). Use light pink cardstock and light green cardstock to cut Rose 2. Use ink blending tool to add shading to all petals with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. Use paintbrush and water with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink to paint veins on leaves and shading on stem. Shape all petals and leaves; assemble.
7. Add a few petals, chunky glitter, beads, and sequins as desired inside the shaker. Adhere top window. Adhere green frame to cover shaker edges.
8. Inside the card, line up the stamped sentiment circle with the shaker window when card is closed. Adhere. Adhere medium pink frame around sentiment. Adhere flowers, petals, and enamel dots as shown.
- 1001 Garden Patch - 1 1/2 inch & Mini Roses
- 998 Garden Notes - Rose 2
- 916 Spiral Pull Card
- RS006 Take Time
- Cardstock: Light Pink, Medium Pink, Light Green, Dark Green, White
- Patterned Paper: DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl
- Distress Ink: Worn Lipstick, Mowed Lawn
- Black Ink
- Dimensional Tape or Craft Foam
- Ink Blending Tool/Paintbrush
- Clear Packaging (Recycle from Packaging)
- Beads/Sequins/Chunky Glitter
- Enamel Dots