Tuesday, January 6, 2015
Sizzix and Stephanie Barnard Tree Triplits Card
I love Sizzix dies and Stephanie Barnard's stamps and dies... what could be better than using these beautiful Christmas Trees triplits dies created by Stephanie for Sizzix to create a fun flip card?
Making the Card
1. Cut the base card from green cardstock using the Regal Flip-its main die. Fold. If you need help folding the Flip-its card, check out the video (if it doesn't come up when you click the link, enter "flip it" in the video search area; it should be the first video Introducing Sizzix Framelits as Flip-its for Cardmaking).
2. Cut the light green patterned paper using the decorator pieces in the Regal Flip-its set, as well as one Regal label for the inside. Cut the red cardstock with the same Regal label die for the front. Cut the frame (Regal Flip-its set) from light green cardstock. Cut the smaller inside from light green patterned paper. Layer (red/lightgreen patterned/light green frame) then adhere the labels and frames both outside and inside as shown.
3. Cut 3 or 4 copies of Joyful and Holiday Cheer from green and red cardstock respectively. Glue them together in matching stacks to form thick words (you may want to skip the dots on the "i"s - they are a bit difficult).
4. Cut trees and stars in the colors shown using Christmas Trees triplits dies. Adhere as shown.
5. Adhere the words as shown - be sure to leave a little space above Joyful for the star. Optional: use Wink of Stella glitter brush pen on the star above Joyful and coat with Glossy Accents before adhering to card.
The word die cuts look delicate but are fairly easy to stack to make thick dimensional elements for a great look. Hint: use a glue that gives you a some open time to wiggle them in place before they dry. I use Studio Multi-Medium Matte applied with a small brush.