Saturday, January 10, 2015
Purple Onion Snow Scene Christmas Stand-Up Card
Purple Onion's Stacey Yacula images are so adorable. I decided to color them with my Copic (alcohol) markers and give them a bit of furry/feathery texture (although it's a little difficult to see in the photo - click to enlarge). The beautiful Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter by Elizabeth Craft Designs makes the perfect snow for this scene.
Making the Card
1. Using the Sizzix Card, Regal Stand-Ups die, cut a piece of blue cardstock and fold according to instructions. Cut the snowflake patterned paper with included decorator dies. Adhere to front of card (see image near bottom showing both pieces in place).
2. Stamp images on alcohol ink friendly cream cardstock. Color with alcohol markers. I used the following Copic markers: Gift/Hat R29, R24, R22, G14, G12, G07, Shadows BV23, Bunny E55, E31, E30, W3, W2, W0, R32, R30, Puppy E47, E44, E43, E42, Birds N8, N6, N4, N2, N0, B29, B28, B24, B23, B21, Branch E49, E47, E43.
3. Fussy cut around images (use a craft knife where necessary). From the back, outline edges in black to help hid them. This gives them a nice finished look.
4. Apply Double Sided Adhesive to cream cardstock. Die cut embellishment that came with Sizzix Card, Regal Stand-Ups as well as Outdoor Edges: tree line and snow hills (be sure to leave enough space below each - see image). Peel off backing paper. Apply Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; polish with finger.
5. Add a little white paint (acrylic) across top of branch; while wet, add Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
6. Adhere embellishment and tree line as shown. Use dimensional tape to adhere snow hills.
7. Die cut 3 or 4 copies of Merry Christmas sentiment (depending on how thick you would like the words to be). Glue the copies in a stack to make them thick (don't worry about the dot on the "i" in Christmas). I use Studio Multi-Medium (Matte) with a small brush. Adhere as shown.
8. Adhere branch and characters to card where shown, using dimensional tape for bunny.
9. Add rhinestones as shown. I dotted the "i" in Christmas with a small one as well.
Sizzix Card, Regal Stand-Ups
Cardstock, Blue, Cream (Alcohol Ink Friendly - e.g. Curious Metallics, Cryogen White)
Patterned Paper: DCWV Christmas & Winter 180 Stack
ECD Double Sided Adhesive
ECD 642 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
ECD 914 Outdoor Edges
Paper Smooches Christmas Words OCD 087