You wouldn't know it from looking at the front, but this is a gate fold card featuring the Evergreen Pivot Card dies (which are often used on the front of the card). This allows the trees to be a little more of a surprise when the card is opened. I used Shimmer Sheetz and Silk Microfine Glitter to give the card a lot of sparkle and shine!
Making the Card
1. Cut 5 1/2 x 12 inches from both the striped paper and cream cardstock. Adhere them back-to-back. Gatefold so first fold is about 4 1/8 inches from the left and the second fold is about 3 7/8 inches from the right (the last flap will be shorter to fit inside easily).
2. From the back, cut using the Evergreen Pivot Card die so the large tree is on the back of the shortest panel, aligning the die with the fold as usual, just from the back. Fold trees in as shown.
3. Cut turquoise cardstock 3 7/8 x 5 1/2 inches and a strip 3/8 x 5 1/2 inches. Glue the strip along the inside left side as shown. Emboss the other piece using Sprig Embossing Folder Sand raised areas. Lightly ink randomly with Mowed Lawn using blending tool. Adhere to front panel as shown.
4. Cut 5 copies of Merry Christmas from black cardstock, glue each word together to form a thick stack, lining them up carefully. Cut one copy of Merry Christmas from Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz using the Metal Adaptor Plate. Glue to the top of the stacks.
5. Stick one side of Double Sided Adhesive to white cardstock, enough for all the lights, ornaments, gift bow, and sprigs (maybe 4x5 inches). Peel off the backing and sprinkle with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter polish with finger. Die cut 2 sprigs from Candle die set, 5 or 6 strings of lights (from Holiday House set), present bow, and a set of ornaments. Color with alcohol inks as desired.
6. Cut Holly Border from Green Metalic Shimmer Sheetz using metal adapter plate. Adhere along edge as shown. Adhere sprigs and Merry Christmas as shown. Add Red Glitter Dots as shown.
7. Cut trees from Green Metallic Shimmer Sheetz. Decorate as shown. Cut present base from Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz. Adhere bow. Cut stars from Gold Shimmer Sheetz. Assemble as shown using dimensional tape for some of the ornaments and stars (the large tree has a double star – small star adhered to large star using dimensional tape).
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 912 Evergreen Pivot Card
- E127 Sprig Embossing Folder
- 745 Merry Christmas Die
- 919 Candle
- 918 Holiday House (Lights)
- 925 Holly Border
- 7018 Glitter Dots, Red/Gold
- Double Sided Adhesive
- 640 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
- SS-0213 Green Metalic Shimmer Sheetz
- SS-0214 Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz
- SS-0212 Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz
- 803 Cuttlebug and Big Shot Metal Adaptor Plate
- Cardstock: Cream, Turquoise (12x12 Sheets, White Core), Black, White
- Paper Pad with Treatments: My Mind’s Eye, Be Merry, Glittered Striped Cream/Turquoise
- Distress Ink: Mowed Lawn
- Ink Blending Tool, Foam
- Alcohol Inks (e.g. Copics)
- Liquid Adhesive/Glue