About the Card
The challenge for this month is “Elegant and White.” Although we could cheat a little and use cream or a little silver or gold, I decided to keep strictly to white to see what I could come up with. I wanted my card to be fairly simple (well, for me anyway!) but still elegant. I hope I’ve achieved this!
Making the Card
1. Cut a sheet of white cardstock to 4.25” x 11” (half of an 8.5” x 11” sheet). Fold in half to create a 4.25” x 5.5” card (A2 size). The card fold will be at the top. Also cut a rectangle from white cardstock about 4” x 5.5”.
2. Die cut the bottom of the card (while closed) using the Agatha Edges die (I used the rounded edge). Die cut the bottom of the rectangle piece with the same die. This piece will go on the front of the card such that there will be about .125” to .25” border around (as you prefer). You may have to trim it to fit.
3. Emboss the rectangle with the Spring Leaves embossing folder. Center it on the front of the card while lining up the bottom edge to look right (trim if necessary). Adhere with dimensional tape.
4. Cut some double-sided adhesive – enough for 2 butterflies (larger sized) and a body – and stick one side to a piece of white cardstock. Die cut the butterflies from materials listed: very small butterfly (767 Butterfly Pivot Card) and lacy wings (773 Butterfly Accessories Dies) from vellum; butterfly base (713 Small Butterfly) from white cardstock; lacy wings (713 Small Butterfly), butterfly base (773 Butterfly Accessories Dies), and body (713 Small Butterfly) from the cardstock with double sided adhesive (adhesive side against die when cutting). Pull off backing from adhesive die cuts and coat/polish each with White microfine glitter.
5. You will coat the very small butterfly with Glossy Accents (or other clear drying adhesive) – to do this, I suggest adding some removable tape to a scrap piece of cardstock then sticking the small vellum butterfly to it to keep it from moving. Once coated with adhesive, lightly sprinkle Cool Diamonds microfine glitter over the entire butterfly.
6. Die cut 6 to 8 copies of the Hello word (722 Hello Die) from white cardstock. Carefully glue each of the layers together to form a stack, making a thick, dimensional Hello word. I use Tombow Mono Multi glue for things like this because it allows me a little extra dry time, enough to wiggle the letters to line up.
7. Adhere the two 713 Small Butterfly layers together (white cardstock base and white glittered lacy wings); adhere the 773 Butterfly Accessories Dies layers together (glittered base and vellum lacy wings) plus the glittered body.
8. Adhere everything to the card front as shown.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- White Cardstock, Vellum
- Glossy Accents, Tombow Mono Multi Glue
- Dimensional Tape