Created for the Elizabeth Craft Designs DT
This is a fairly easy card to make yet looks elegant and clean. The subtle sparkle in the sentiment is prefect for a frosty snowflake theme.
Making the Card
1. Cut a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 inch blue cardstock in half so you have two pieces of 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch sheets. Fold one in half for a card base.
2. Cut a piece of white cardstock 4 x 5 1/4 inches.
3. From white cardstock, die cut using the two smallest dies from the Snowflakes set. Arrange them on the white cardstock (step 2). See photo. Glue them down, cutting off any that hang over the edges.
4. Cut five copies of Merry Christmas from white cardstock. Cut one copy from blue cardstock. Glue the white copies together, lining them up carefully, to form thick words.
5. Add some removable adhesive to a sheet of scrap paper. Stick the blue words to it. Tap embossing ink over the words. Coat with holographic embossing powder and heat. (If there are jagged edges, hold with tweezers and heat again.) Glue to top of white stacks.
6. Cut a strip of vellum 2 x 7 inches. Wrap it around the white snowflake background as shown. Adhere on the back side.
7. As shown: adhere the words , adhere white ribbon below it. Tie a bow and adhere.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- Cardstock: Blue, White
- Vellum (with Holographic Dots Optional)
- Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder (Or Clear Glitter Embossing Powder)
- Embossing Ink Pad
- White Ribbon, Thin
- Removable Adhesive