Created for ECD Design Team
Here's my last Halloween project for the year (so sad). Since this month's challenge is to use the tag dies, I decided to use one as the basis for a fold up card with a Stand Up Helper as the flap closure. The flap really holds the card closed well, considering the surprise waiting to pop out when opened!
Making the Card
1. Cut a sheet of black cardstock in half lengthwise (two 4 1/4 x 11 inch pieces). Find the star paper in My Mind's Eye (MME) Mischievous 6x6 Paper Pad. Cut a piece 4 1/4 x 5 1/5 inches. Temporarily adhere (e.g. removable tape) to top of black cardstock, lining it up.
2. Die cut with Tag 2 at the very top. Trim off excess on sides to form a long tag.
3. Use the leaves from Stand Up Helpers Set 2, cut about 1/4 inch below hole (where the fold will start). Gently fold up along line. Remove star paper. Fold black cardstock in half. Measure from top to just above fold and cut off excess on star paper. Temporarily adhere star paper back in place.
4. Use Lots of Pops as per instructions, centered along the inside fold. Remove star paper and cut off only its center pop up platforms (leave sides). Permanently adhere star paper to card base.
5. Measure from top of card to the leaves Stand Up Helper fold. Close flap and measure down the same amount then add 1/16 inch to give it some wiggle room. Mark in pencil and cut off the excess so you can put the flap easily under the Stand Up Helper to close up the tag card.
6. Carefully pop out the three middle platforms (you will not use the side pop ups). Cut a piece of black cardstock, big enough to cover the platforms from the reverse side - fold and adhere to back of card.
7. Cut a piece of light blue MME Mischievous paper to cover the back of the tag card. I didn't bother covering the shaped top; I just cut a rectangle. Adhere to back. Cut a small rectangle of the same light blue to add a little to the card front (see photo); adhere. Cut a piece of October grid paper MME Mischievous a little smaller than the front as shown. (Save extra for inside card.) Ink edges slightly with Black Soot Distress Ink using a foam blending tool; adhere.
8. Die cut: All Seasons Tree from black cardstock, Stand Up Helpers leaves from black cardstock, circle (Spiral Circle Pull Card) from yellow background paper MME Mischievous, Pumpkin base from orange houndstooth paper MME Mischievous, Pumpkin outline from black cardstock.
9. Glue black Pumpkin outline to orange houndstooth base and adhere to front of the card as shown.
10. Adhere the circle "moon" as shown; trim excess with scissors.
11. Adhere part of the All Seasons Tree so that one of the branches goes across the top of the leaves Stand Up Helper fold. Trim excess. Line up the black leaves with the Stand Up Helper - trim excess and glue the leaves in place to cover the star paper on the stand up. You want it to look like leaves from the tree are hanging down in front of the moon.
12. Peel off backing on Double Sided Adhesive and stick to white cardstock. Peel off backing on other side and adhere the following Halloween Peel-Off stickers (leave space between): witch, small ghost, large ghost, pumpkin. Cover the witch with Silver Silk Microfine Glitter (since the witch is in front of the moon, I wanted her to be a little darker). Cover the rest with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; polish with finger. Color with alcohol markers as desired. Fussy cut around each (the Fine Pointed Scissors work well). Note: I cut off the small ghost hands and some of the witch to make it easier. Line with black marker around edges to hide any white cardstock that may show.
13. Using dimensional tape, adhere witch to moon as shown. Glue pumpkin and ghosts to platforms as shown.
14. Cut the saved October grid paper so it fits on bottom inside of card as shown; adhere. Stamp sentiment on light blue paper; cut around. Adhere to center of October grid paper using dimensional tape.
15. Apply Rusty Hinge Distress Ink to a non porous surface such as a craft sheet. Mist with water and run a length of seam binding ribbon through it. Set aside to dry. Cut a length of Halloween colored twine. If it is too bright, use Antique Linen Distress Ink to tone it down, similar to how you dyed the seam binding; dry. Tie a bow as shown with the twine. Tie the seam binding around the bow as shown.
- 952 Tag 2
- 778 Lots of Pops
- 764 Pumpkin Dies
- 930 Stand Up Helpers Set 2
- 781 All Seasons Tree
- 916 Spiral Circle Pull Card (Moon)
- 919 Peel-Off Stickers: Halloween
- Double Sided Adhesive
- 603 Silver Silk Microfine Glitter
- 639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
- 802 Fine Pointed Scissors by ECD, Inc.
- Cardstock: Black, White
- MME Mischievous 6x6 Paper Pad
- Distress Ink: Black Soot, Antique Linen, Rusty Hinge
- Foam Blending Tool
- Alcohol Markers (e.g. Copics)
- Dimensional Tape
- Twine: Halloween Colors
- Seam Binding Ribbon: White of Off-White