Created for the ECD Design Team
I love Halloween! It's such a fun theme for making cards too. Here's my first of the year. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!
Making the Card
1. Adhere white paper to the back of a Double Sided Adhesive sheet, enough to cover the Peel-Off sticker of the witch. Adhere the witch to the other sticky side. Coat with Cool Diamond Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger. Color with alcohol markers (Copics used here). To tone down the silver to better match the background, plus give texture to the cat, I used a warm toned black alcohol marker (careful not to get any in your colored areas).
2. If you don't have a pre-made card base, cut a sheet of black cardstock to 6 1/2 x 10 inches; fold in half. Cut a piece of the matching purple patterned cardstock from the 12x12 Midnight Magic pack (optional, cut a piece of purple cardstock) to 6 1/8 x 4 3/4. Apply adhesive, line it up with the top of the card, center, and stick down.
3. Cut the shown piece of patterned cardstock (with spider, skull, and raven) to 5 7/8 x 4 5/8 inches. Adhere spider web washi tape as shown, wrapping the ends around the back. Cut a thin piece of Shimmer Sheetz to 5 7/8 inches. Adhere below the washi tape. Apply adhesive to the back, line up with the top of the card, center, and stick.
4. Using the main die from the Katie Label Accordion set, cut the purple cardstock. Cut the middle "label" piece from the frame; turn it over, line it up, secure it with removable tape and cut again. This takes off the extra bits from the accordion. Adhere the glittered witch to the center using dimensional tape.
5. Using the shown "label" die from the Katie Label Pivot Card set, cut one from the black cardstock and one from the purple cardstock. Stamp and silver emboss the "Spooky" sentiment near the bottom right of the purple label as shown. (Optional) Outline with black marker to make it stand out more. Add the spider brad embellishment as shown.
6. Cut the three sizes of five petaled flowers (728 Bunch of Flowers 1) from black cardstock. Cut the mid-sized triple leaf from light green cardstock. Using the foam blending tool, add Mowed Lawn to the leaves, followed by Black Soot as shown (don't cover the centers completely, let the black fade to the center). Cover flowers and leaves with Wink of Stella. Shape as desired. Cover with Distress Crackle Paint. Let dry. Adhere flower layers together as shown, offsetting each layer. Add a gem to the center.
7. Adhere the witch as shown using dimensional tape. Adhere black label where shown. Adhere the "spooky" label using dimensional tape just offset from the black label.
8. Adhere the leaves and flower as shown. Add gem embellishments as shown.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 2585 Halloween In Frame, Silver
- Double Sided Adhesive
- 642 Silk Microfine Glitter, Cool Diamond
- 903 Katie Label Accordion
- 768 Katie Label Pivot Card
- 728 Bunch of Flowers 1
- 703 Triple Leaf Set
- SS 0222 Basic Black Shimmer Sheetz
- Black, Light Green Cardstock
- (Optional) Pre-made Card Base, e.g. Recollections from Michaels
- Midnight Magic 6x6 (Main Patterned Image) and 12x12 (Purple) Paper Packs (Recollections)
- Midnight Magic and Haunted Embellishments (Recollections)
- Washi Tape, Webs (Recollections)
- Alcohol Markers (Copics)
- "Spooky" Stamp, Technique Tuesday: Halloween Circles
- VersaMark or Other Embossing Ink
- Silver Embossing Powder
- Wink of Stella, Clear
- Distress Crackle Paint, Rock Candy
- Distress Ink: Mowed Lawn, Black Soot
- Foam Blending Tool, Foam
- Dimensional Tape