Created for ECD Design Team
The new Peel-Offs include nautical themed designs. I decided to step a little outside my box and create something different, at least for me anyway since it’s not a theme I frequent.
Making the Card
1. From the Nautical paper pack: cut a piece of the red cardstock 10x7 inches. Fold in half to create a card base. Cut a piece of the cream cardstock to 9 1/2 x 7 inches; fold in half. Using the Lorna Label Pop Up main die, center and die cut along the fold.
2. Cut a piece of cream cardstock 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. Cut a piece of blue/cream striped cardstock 6 1/2 x 2 inches; adhere to bottom of cream cardstock. From the Basic Black Shimmer Sheetz, cut a thin strip 6 1/2 inches; adhere over the seam as shown.
3. Stamp the compass rose on graph paper from the Far and Away paper pad using Black Soot Distress Ink. Tear it out in a square. Using the blending tool, add Antique Linen Distress Ink around the edges. Crumple.
4. Using the main die from the Lorna Label Pop Up, die cut the label from red cardstock and trim down to just the label. Find the US map in the Far and Away paper pad. Using the banner die, cut flags of varying lengths as desired. Arrange and adhere to the red label as shown; trim from the back with scissors following the label contour. Adhere a piece of cheesecloth from behind as shown.
5. Adhere Peel-Offs (see supplies list below) shown on card to watercolor paper and paint with watercolors. Fussy cut around each - cut the “rope” off the lifesaver. Using your fingers, gently shape by rounding the edges down for all but the lifesaver.
6. Braid a length of blue/white twine to about 9 or 10 inches. Use half to tie a nautical knot. Die cut a banner from the Lorna Label Pop Up set from the cream cardstock; set a red eyelet at each end of the banner and thread ends of twine as shown, adhering and trimming ends behind the banner.
7. Arrange and adhere pieces to front of card as shown, using dimensional tape for the label, shells and banner.
8. From blue cardstock, die cut the label from Lorna Label Pop Up and emboss with stitching; sand lightly to show stitches. Adhere to center of pop up.
9. Cut 6 copies of the Hello word from black cardstock. Glue each layer on top of the other to create a thick stack. Add Glossy Accents to the top layer. Set aside to dry. Cut talk bubble from cream cardstock. Adhere Hello to talk bubble.
10. Using the other half of the braided twine, glue behind the handles of the lifesaver.
11. Color some of the transparent Glitter Dots in matching blue with alcohol marker (optional). Adhere to pop up as shown.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 915 Lorna Label Pop Up
- 787 Hello Die
- Peel Offs, 2574 Lighthouses, 2575 Seashells
- WP903 Watercolor Paper
- 7018 Glitter Dots,Transparent/Silver
- SS 0222 Basic BlackShimmer Sheetz
- Nautical Paper Pad (Craft Smith)
- Black Cardstock
- Glossy Accents
- Twine, Blue/White
- Red Eyelets
- Far and Away Teresa Collins 6x6, Map Paper
- Stamp, Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Air Travel CMS 102, Compass Rose
- Blending Tool
- Distress Ink: Black Soot, Antique Linen
- Blue Alcohol Marker