I love the look of shimmery paint! I decided to try painting on black paper with Perfect Pearls. The silver Daisies in Oval Peel-Off is the perfect subject for this technique!
Making the Card
1. Cut card base from black cardstock, 4 1/4 inches by 11 inches and fold in half.
2. Remove the Daisies in Oval Peel-Off from the backing sheet and stick to black paper.
3. Use the main die from the Accordion Oval Card to line up and cut around the Peel-Off. Cut the tabs off so you just have a shadowed oval Peel-Off sticker.
4. With a small paintbrush and water, apply the Perfect Pearls to the daisy Peel-Off as shown. You only need a very small amount of Perfect Pearls.
5. Cut a piece of Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz to 3 3/4 inches by 5 inches. Emboss with Swirly Curves. Apply black acrylic paint with a paper towel. Rub off excess. Some should stick in the grooves giving an antiqued/distressed look.
6. Cut a length of white ribbon to go around the bottom of the embossed piece of Shimmer Sheetz as shown; adhere it down, wrapping it around the sides. Adhere this to the black cardstock base.
7. Using the Accordion Oval Card accessory dies, cut the scalloped oval from black cardstock and the smaller stitched oval from the Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz. Make sure to use the Metal Adaptor Plate when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Adhere the silver stitched oval to the center of the black scalloped oval.
8. Die cut 3 copies of Hello from the black cardstock and adhere them on top of one another. Adhere this to the center of the silver stitched oval. Assemble the rest of the card as shown.
It’s easier to see the shimmer in the above photo. Have a sunny day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs
2558 Daisies in Oval Peel-Off
772 Accordion Oval Card
SS 0211 Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz
787 Hello Die
E119 Swirly Curves Embossing Folder
803 Metal Adaptor Plate
Perfect Pearls, various colors
Black Acrylic Paint
Small Paintbrush, Water