Created for the Elizabeth Craft Designs DT.
For this card, I had the idea to create a brightly colored paper with some splatters on it to use as a sort of china pattern for my teapot and teacups. I also wanted to include a real teabag with the card so I needed a pocket somewhere - it worked out best on the front of the card.
Making the Card
1. Cut card base from pink cardstock 5 1/2 inches by 8 1/4 inches. Fold in half. Cut black cardstock 5 inches by 3 5/8 inches. Cut patterned cardstock 4 3/4 by 3 3/8. Adhere black cardstock and patterned paper together as shown.
2. Cut pink cardstock 4 inches by 2 5/8 inches. Sew into a pocket as shown. Cut black cardstock 3 3/8 by 2 1/8. Adhere to pocket as shown. Adhere all of them to the front of the card.
3. Using the ink blending tool and Distress Inks, blend colors across a piece of white cardstock (about 5x7 inches); completely cover the paper in bright colors, blending each color into the others where they meet. Squirt some white paint onto a craft sheet or scrap paper; add some water and mix with a paintbrush. Tap brush against your finger to flick the paint onto the inked paper in random patterns. Do the same with the black and pink paints. Let dry.
4. Cut black cardstock using the Lucy Label accessory die (larger). Cut a strip of pink cardstoack about 1/4 inch. Using the same die, center it and cut. Adhere to black label you just cut as shown.
5. From the inked/splattered paper, cut the teapot and cups (keep track of all pieces), and the small Lucy Label accessory label. Adhere the teapot outline to the front of the card as shown. Adhere "Get Well Soon" centered on the label and attach it to the black/pink label (from step 4) withe dimensional tape. From black cardstock cut the teapot and cups.
6. Cut out enough double-sided transparent adhesive for teapot and cups. Adhere to a new piece of black cardstock. Peel off the other top paper and stick the outlines of the black tea pot and cups to it, leaving enough space between to cut them all out. Carefully cut around each with precision scissors. Stick the inked/splattered pieces into the frame you just created, like fitting them into a puzzle. Using a craft knife, cut a small slit in the teacup where the "tea" will go.
7. Cut a piece of patterned paper to 5 1/2 inches by 6 inches. Fold in half. Cut the Lots of Pops platform offset on the fold as shown (starting about 5/8 of an inch from the left side). Pop out the main platform and the one in front; leave the others un-popped. Adhere to center of card.
8. Adhere the teapot and cups as shown. Cut a piece of gold Shimmer Sheetz to represent tea pouring from the pot into the cup. Adhere both ends as shown, sliding one end into the slot you cut in the cup.
9. Cut two strips 1/8 inch from black cardstock. Adhere the strips as shown. Use dimensional tape to adhere the "Get Well Soon" label where shown.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 779 Lucy Label Pop Up
- 778 Lots of Pops
- 714 Teapot and Cups
- 324 Assorted Words Peel-Offs
- SS 0212 Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz
- 502 Double-Sided Transparent Adhesive
- Bazzill Cardstock" Pink
- Cardstock: Black, White
- 2 Pieces of Patterned Paper: American Crafts/Dear Lizzy 6x6, Polka Dot Party, White with Pink Stars
- Acrylic Paint: White, Black, Pink; Paintbrush, Water
- Distress Ink: Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean
- Ink Blending Tool
- Sewing Machine, White Thread
- Adhesive; Dimensional Tape, Precision Scissors, Craft Knife
- Craft Sheet or Scrap Paper (to paint on)
- Tea Bag