I finally used this adorable polar bear image from the NitWits Beary Christmas collection. The collections are digital downloads for paper crafting. (These images may also be found at CraftsUPrint in various forms.) To create layers, I imported the graphics into my Silhouette Studio Designer Software, created copies, and traced various parts that I wanted popped up (erasing the rest as necessary). It takes a bit of patience to get the cut outlines just right; I usually end up editing the points by hand to get them as tight as possible. Once done, the graphics may be printed/cut as many times as you like.
After creating a file with layers laid out the way I wanted them them, I loaded my color printer with white card stock and used the option to print with registration marks from Studio Designer. The Silhouette finds the marks and perfectly cuts out the pieces. I went around the edges with a matching Copic marker to give them a polished look; for example, I used a light green marker to go around the edges of the hat and scarf. This helps hide the distracting stark edges of the white card stock against the graphics. I used dimensional tape between the layers to pop them up. The photos further on better show the layers.
The bow was made using seam binding from Hug Snug. I love this stuff - it can be easily custom colored with inks and paints to match your projects, although in this case, I just left it white. The large gold/white flower is from Heidi Swapp's Color Magic Paper Flowers. I colored it with Silks Acrylic Glaze in gold. Typically when I add paint or inks to paper flowers, I start by misting them with a water first. Sometimes I use a waterbrush to apply the medium, other times I just use a regular paint brush. My craft mat or a piece of recycled plastic packaging makes a great paint palette.
The small white flower was cut from white paper using Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK - Flowering Quince, also colored with gold Silks. For the pollen, I used yellow Flower Soft. I usually make a bunch of these flowers at one time, storing them in a zip top bag for future use. The three red flowers and all the leaves are from Petaloo's Color Me Crazy white mulberry flower collection. I used Viva Decor Inka Gold and Precious Metal paints to color them. I crinkled the layers while wet and used my heat tool to dry them, carefully straightening the petals/leaves until I achieved the look I wanted. Note: hold the layers down with tweezers while drying; don't get too close and keep the heat tool moving or they may burn. I tapped them lightly with an Adirondack metallic gold acrylic paint dabber to highlight the texture. I used Glossy Accents to adhere the layers and glue the flowers/petals to the card. For the flower centers, to one I added a half pearl colored with gold Adirondack Metal Mixatives, to the other two I added Stickles in coordinating colors.
The tag was cut using the The Stamps of Life minitags2cut die and stamp set. I don't remember where I bought the sentiment - I've collected a bunch over the years - but there are a couple small text sets available from Taylored Expressions. I tied the tag through the bow's knot with red and white baker's twine.